ORLANDO, Fla. – This Valentine’s Day, the Orlando Fireplace Division needs to ensure you know what to do in case of a damaged coronary heart.
Diana Stahl is the CPR coordinator for the division and provides yearly coaching on the right way to render support. She spoke to Information 6 in regards to the significance of sustaining fireplace well being and figuring out what to do in case of an emergency.
February is Nationwide Coronary heart Month, and Stahl provided some recommendations on the right way to preserve a coronary heart beating with CPR:
– Cardiac arrest can occur anyplace, to anybody at anytime
– For each minute that goes by with out CPR, you lose a 10 p.c likelihood of survival
– There isn’t a want for mouth to mouth, by doing chest compressions you push and flow into the blood to the mind till assist arrives
– Name 911, then start compressions by pushing onerous and quick within the middle of the chest
– It is best to intention to finish 120 compressions per minute
– The music “Stayin’ Alive” is useful to recollect for the beat
– Florida has a “good samaritan” legislation that protects anybody who administers CPR beneath good religion that you’re offering assist
For Stahl’s full interview, watch the video beneath.
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.